17. What will a typical Korean worker do when pressured to drink? A. Go home.
B. Drink with the group.
C. Take their employers to court. 18. How does drinking affect families? A. Divorce rate increases.
B. Children learn to drink as well.
C. Women and children are often left at home alone. 19. What do people usually do at night in cafés in Seoul? A. Eat cakes. B. Sing karaoke. C. Drink alcohol. 20. Why does the man ask the woman about South Korea? A. He is doing a survey.
B. He is preparing to go there.
C. He is just interested in Korean culture.
1. What does the man plan to do in the near future?
A. Find a full-time job. B. Find his stolen bike. C. Buy another bike.
2. What will the woman bring to the man first? A. His order. B. A menu. 3. When did the man graduate from university?
C. Something to drink. C. In 1985. C. Learn to paint.
A. In 1975. B. In 1979. 4. What does the woman recommend the man to do? A. Play the violin. B. Play the guitar. 5. What does the woman mean? A. She regrets never taking a job. B. She is tired of being a housewife. C. She wants to hire a cleaner.
17. Which novel by Mo Yan is best known to Westerners? A. Falling Rain on a Spring Night. B. The Republic of Wine. C. Red Sorghum Clan.
18. When did Mo Yan’s novel about a landlord come out? A. In 1987. B. In 1992. 19. What is true about Mo Yan’s Nobel Prize in Literature?
C. In 2006.
A. He was the first citizen of mainland China to receive it. B. He was 67 years old at the time of the announcement. C. He was the 119th person to receive the award.
20. According to Peter Englund, why is Mo Yan special? A. He has a very unique style.
B. He influenced many Chinese writers. C. He writes honestly about Chinese history.
1. What happened to the woman last night? A. She missed a program. B. Her TV was broken. C. She didn’t sleep well.
2. What might the woman be good at? A. Looking after kids.
B. Taking care of elderly people. C. Teaching people how to find a job.
3. Why does the man want to exchange his T-shirt? A. He dislikes the color. B.It is the wrong size. C. It has a hole on it.
4. What do the speakers decide to do? A. Go out for dinner.
B. Work overtime together.
C. Bring some food back for dinner.
5. What can we learn from this conversation? A. Mr. Davidson is busy right now. B. The man dialed the wrong number.
C. The woman doesn’t want to talk about art.
17. What is wrong with the gate?
A. The nails are coming out of the wood. B. The pieces of wood are coming apart. C. Not enough nails were used.
18. What does the man think of the Borg Fence staff? A. They overcharged him.
B. They were careful about their work.
C. They didn’t pay much attention to his fence. 19. What do we know about the man? A. He lives at 52 Ascott Circle.
B. He will find a lawyer to help him.
C. The Borg Fence had done work for him before. 20. What does the man threaten to do? A. Make a formal complaint. B. Call the police.
C. Go to Borg Fence’s office.
1. What does the woman want the man to do? A. Join in a game.
B. Invite her to play a game. C. Teach her to play tennis.
2. What does the man plan to do first? A. Do his homework. B. Have some food. C. Read a novel. 3. How much did the woman pay for her stereo? A. $250. B. $400. C. $500. 4. Why is the man looking for a roommate? A. His former roommate moved out. B. He doesn’t have enough money. C. The room is too big for one person.
5. What does the woman suggest the man do? A. Get a better job. B. Buy a new suit.
C. Change his hairstyle.
18. How late is Flight NA115 to Las Vegas? A. 15 minutes. B. 30 minutes. 19. What will happen to the bags left at the airport? A. They will be destroyed.
B. They will be removed to a safe place. C. They will be looked at by the police.
C. 45 minutes.
20. From which gate are passengers boarding the flight to Hong Kong? A. Gate 40. B. Gate 41. C. Gate 54.
1. What do we know about the man? A. His leg was broken. B. His bike was broken.
C. His doctorwas too busy to see him.
2. Who will visit Christian this evening? A. Emma and her sister. B. Christian’s sister. 3. How long has the woman been playing guitar? A. For about five years. B. For about ten years.
C. For more than fifteen years.
4. How much is the same shirt at Wal-Mart? A. $40. B. $20. 5. What do we know about the girl’s grandfather? A. He was born in America.
B. He wants the girl to write a report.
C. He came to America from somewhere else.
C. Emma and the man.
18. When does Daybreak want people to work? A. At night. B. On weekends. 19. What does the job at the Midland Sports Center offer? A. Free accommodation. B. Free uniforms. 20. What kind of people does Computers International want? A. Typists. B. Computer operators. C. Advertisement designers.
C. In the morning. C. Free meals.
1. Who is the man looking for? A. His classmate. B. His teacher. C. His brother.